Sunday, October 18, 2009

Turning "Shit" into Fertilizer

Overcoming Cancer


In life “shit” happens. It does. It is the way life is. I’ve learned that without “shit,” there are no raw materials to create with passion, meaning and inspiration.

It is all about how we look at it…

As a little boy, I loved to play in the mud. It was how I showed my friends that I could rough it out. I loved playing in the river and I would wash all the mud off my body, and at the same time, I would wash my soul!

We did all kinds of things with cow “shit”:

We made Frisbees out of cow “shit” with my friends. We’d shape them and bake them in the sun, let them dry and then sling them at each other with great glee!

Did you know when you poke cow “shit” it really stinks?

We laughed and played with dried cow “shit!” until our hearts were content!

When slinging the cow “shit,” we always tried to avoid being hit by it (for obvious reasons), but if we did get hit, we recovered from it. If we recovered, we earned everyone’s respect. We believed that after you got hit, you got back on your feet and played again.

Little did I know that these childhood games would become the metaphoric resources that would save my life and help me guide others how to transform their “shit” into fertilizer.

I have had a life’s journey full of adversity, challenges and struggles. I have had to overcome and to learn how to transform the “shit” through some very dark tunnels in my life. By doing this, I now have a beautiful, full and loving life. I am honored to support others in their life journeys.

The pathway of my life’s work has been equally as adventurous. Here again, I’ve been able to take “shit,” toil and bring it to fruition.

I am a Holistic, Integrative Psychologist, a Naturopath, an Energetic Medicine Practitioner, a Life and Relations Coach, Diversity Consultant, a Priest-Spiritual Director and Minister.

While these may seem like labels, they reflect the richness of my life.


I became a naturopath as a way of combating the diagnosis of atypical malignant muscle cancer.

The cancer’s origins were caused when I received tortuous beatings as political prisoner under the dictatorial regime. Studying to be a naturopath was my conscious choice to combat the cancer, to rough it out in the mud. Instead of giving in, I tussled with the cancer by exploring alternative and holistic healing modalities. I knew I had to walk my talk if I were to follow my passion of becoming Whole.

Just as the tormentors tried to break my body, they could not hurt my Spirit. My Spirit belongs to God whom I love and serve with my whole Being. It is with this love, I have for all His people that he sends to me to work with.

With Love and Gratitude,
Phil

To learn more about a couple’s transforming, healing love and how to overcome adversity in your relationship, please visit: http://tenpathwaysofhealinglove.com .


Philip Belzunce Ph.D., ND, LSMFT, RPE, CPC is an integrative psychologist, naturopath, life and relationship coach, diversity consultant and author. He derives great satisfaction in serving with a Higher Purpose of facilitating individuals, couples, families and groups through transitions in their life journey and transformations for growth, healing and well-being. To know more of his collaborative work with his wife/partner, go to http://www.phillalei.com/ and find out how to reconnect with your body-emotion-energy-mind-spirit Life Journey in http://www.tenpathwaysofhealinglove.com/.

No comments:

Post a Comment